Friday, January 5, 2018

Book tree + updates

My pink version has grown to over 7ft tall but I do wish she would straighten up.

This was her in Sept 2017, and even earlier, in April 2017. So much growth in a few months!

Update: 10 Jan 2018 -

I chopped off the top section at the place where new potential branches were shooting out sideways, and tied the main leader branch tighter to the pole. Hopefully this will regulate the 'up-growth', and encourage side-ways growth. Will keep my eye on it, but it does look better proportioned already. I want to encourage breadth - sideways dimension.



Update: 12 Nov 2018 - 

She looked a bit spare for a while - blossomed but then lost many leaves, and bore seeds, some of which are still attached and gradually browning. I notice new growth on the sides - new shoots. Great - I want her to survive.


23 Nov 2018: She has seeded (and I have some collected) and is looking much better 
after the recent rains. Lots of new leaves thickening up.


26 Nov 2018: New growth looking lush - 

See HERE for further updates.

No comments: