Sunday, January 21, 2018

Rose ring (wheel)

Bought this to put the third pink climber flower on...hope it will grow from being transplanted from under the archway. I didn't want two climbers growing on that - just the red rose will do for now.


From here:

To here:

I only used two of the height lengths as I want a smaller 'look-over' appearance, rather than a towering thing.


Small at the moment, but I'm sure it will be fine, and look great all over the wheel.

It's called a 'Bower Vine' - Pandorea jasminoides. Love it. Apparently it is a rainforest creeper. I already have a couple going great guns all over the back fence, and overhead out the back, and they are great creeper-climbers, so with any luck, this one will also 'take', grow well, and flower!







11 Sept 2020 -  It's done really nicely! I need to support it, so that it grows over the pergola, to cool it down in summer.





No comments: