Friday, June 1, 2018

The guts of it

I arrived home last night to freezing cold, and windows with no cover over them at all. The whole world could look in to watch me watching television!

I got out my hammer and a few nails and tacked up some old curtains to the windows and the sliding door, so I could have some privacy. There was a gap at the top of the wall though, and through the blue grill window, and it was sooo cold. The whole night was one of the coldest I have ever felt, next to the night I spent in a yurt in Mongolia!

Terrible.

I am hoping the insulation and some sealing of walls goes on tonight as I simply could not stand a weekend like that, so cold! Fortunately, although we need rain quite badly, there is plenty of sun expected for quite a few days. That means the project can get completed, and the house will warm up during the day, as well as have heaps of light.

I also feel very vulnerable with all my belongings so exposed to the builders, and the world. Briing on completion!






No comments: