Friday, November 4, 2016

Cassia - yellow

I have wanted one of these trees for years. There was a large one spreading over my grandmother's garden when I was a kid, and I loved it, especially it's little leaves, and curled up snail-like yellow flowers. I would love to plant one in my garden. I'm looking for one, to watch when it seeds, and them to propagate it.



Oddly enough, it's called Chinese Cinnamon - and where have I spent many of my favourite years?!

Apparently it's classed as a weed now in Qld, and is difficult to get now, say from a nursery, in a pot.

Wikipedia has a nice entry about this plant.

I bought some seeds from Ebay - not exactly the same but I like the way the pictures of the future plant have those bifold leaves and little curly, snail-like flowers, and the seeds in this pic are like the ones I remember were on the tree in my Nan's garden, at 31 Hickory Street, Inala.

No comments: