Saturday, August 29, 2020

Made myself a driveway ramp!

 I raked and sorted and slaved. Got stones and made a ramp, put the old sides of the bedroom chest of drawers on the top, and lo! managed to drive the car in without incident. It worked!

I have tried to position grass divets and rocks so that they help the slippery ramp to stay put.

For the first time here, my car is parked on a proper carport slab! The carport and shed probably won't go up for about another two weeks, but still, I am grateful that I am able to do this. Eventually, the raking and shovelling will be over, and I can start gardening again on the top part of the garden. I will make it all pretty with creepers and so on.

Espalier the fig on the back of the shed, I think, or maybe the carport, as I want the back of the shed to be useful for a potting area, hopefully.






Car on slab from the side - 



Later in the afternoon, after my nap, the girls came outside with me to enjoy the twilight. I had trimming, raking and things to do as well. I think they will like sitting in a carport.





No comments: