Saturday, January 30, 2016

Second pink coral cutting in, + update, two years on!

I dug up the cutting from Mum's garden, and put it on the fence on the Ripley side, on the other side of the mail box and path, just to balance up the first one.


It looks like it has taken! There's a new leaf extension! The rain today will help, I am hoping.

Latest news - 6 Feb 2017 - it has definitely taken and is growing well, twisting itself around the fence wire! Now all I have to do is keep it moist....


Update - 28 January, 2018:
This tiny cutting has become a huge creeper, covering a substantial part of the corner fence, and is still burgeoning!

I had to trim it recently, Jan 2018, to stop it strangling a couple of nearby bushes, and from covering the letterbox. Below is the photo of all the cuttings, which I threw in the bin. I am SO happy with the way this creeper has grown. I love it, and so do the bees.





No comments: